You’d be right in thinking that winter is probably the least popular of all seasons to tie the knot.
Most couples choose the warmer months and seasons that offer more revealing wedding dresses, beach venues and summery nights.
Absolutely there are huge positives to a winter wedding however. Just consider some of the options you could include in a winter wedding that the other seasons just don’t offer!
- Don’t sweat away the day – Rug up by including a romantic long sleeve on your wedding dress or styling your wedding attire with a whimsical cape or cozy faux fur shall.
- Be inspired by winter wonderland themes – Think twinkling fairy lights and snowy inspired décor, scattered candles and tealights embodies a warm and copy feel
- Hot chocolate or chocolate fondu station – An added extra for your wedding guests to enjoy
- Winter vibes of vintage and nostalgia – For your centerpieces and table décor add foliage and dried flowers with frosty textures and neutral colours which is warm and inviting
- Lovers of Velvet – For something a little different, incorporate velvet in your wedding party attire or décor
- Wintry inspired bridal bouquets and boutonniere – Choose seasonal flowers and opt for hints of green and ivory which mimics a wintery landscape.
- Wintry wood fireplaces – For those locations that are truly frosty, what’s more comforting than a warm fireplace!?
- Off peak wedding season – Attracting discounted prices on venues and suppliers, means a much happier budget!
The possibilities are simply endless, and if you’re inclined to opt for a less popular but nonetheless truly fabulous wedding, this trend could be the one for you!